Prefer to talk? call us on: 0800 781 2700

Best Prices Save Money Quick Delivery

Concerned because we are next to a shop that pays even less than we do even though we are large consumers of gas.

Home Forums Concerned because we are next to a shop that pays even less than we do even though we are large consumers of gas.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SimonSimpleSays 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

SimonSimpleSays
    Keymaster

My wife and I run a cafe in a busy market town (well, its busy three days a week) and we are after lowering our gas bill to make more money. That’s sound business but we are concerned because we are next to a shop that pays even less than we do even though we are large consumers of gas. Why should this be?

chalkman
    Keymaster

The simple answer is that business gas suppliers have different criteria, so you cannot consider the premises next door as being on a like-for-like deal. Suppliers quotes vary depending on where you are in the country, the industry you work in etc.

NITE LITE
    Keymaster

Along with shopping around for a cheaper, better deal I would also look at boosting trade as well so you are busy for another two days more than you are now.

Paul in Hull
    Keymaster

While it’s true that business gas suppliers have different criteria, you should shop around for a better deal. I would speak with the Business Utility Hub to see if you can have an energy consultancy carried out so that the gas consumption levels fall so you’ll be enhancing any savings that you make.

SimonSimpleSays
    Keymaster

The energy consultancy is a good idea and I will contact them now to see why there’s such a variance in business gas costs between me and the shop next door.

To respond to this thread you will need to login or register.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.