Prefer to talk? call us on: 0800 781 2700

Best Prices Save Money Quick Delivery

How hard is it to have a meter installed to access these cheaper deals?

Home Forums How hard is it to have a meter installed to access these cheaper deals?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  chalkman 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Sparky123
    Keymaster

I have just been looking at the various electricity rates and deals and I’m amazed as to how much cheaper they are for half hourly contracts. How hard is it to have a meter installed to access these cheaper deals?

NITE LITE
    Keymaster

Unless you are a very big user, for example, a big brewery or warehouse, then I would say it’s next to impossible. The rates are cheaper for a reason.

Nikki G
    Keymaster

I think NITE is correct but there is a way to negotiate having one of these are smart meters installed to save on big electricity bills.

chalkman
    Keymaster

You are both correct in that you need a peak demand of 100 kW to have these meters fitted as a mandatory requirement but I think for those who have a peak period of demand of 70 kW then you could apply for a meter and access the lower bills. It might be worth checking how much electricity you use to save money. If not, then discuss your needs with the Business Utility Hub to see whether there are similar cheaper deals available.

To respond to this thread you will need to login or register.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.