Prefer to talk? call us on: 0800 781 2700

Best Prices Save Money Quick Delivery

This week we got hit with a really big bill

Home Forums This week we got hit with a really big bill

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Paul in Hull 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Big Bill2020
    Keymaster

We might have done something stupid. Been checking other business forums and can’t find the answer but we meant to find a new gas supplier and didn’t and this week we got hit with a really big bill. Apparently this is because we ‘accepted’ the new rates. Can I get out of this contract?

Paul in Hull
    Keymaster

Yes, you have done something quite silly. By not responding to their renewal letter, you’ve accepted the new, more expensive rates. Unless you are a micro-business, you’ll be stuck on this new contract.

Nikki G
    Keymaster

Every firm should check whether there are cheaper gas suppliers available and unless you are a very small business then you are stuck on the new deal though it may be worth looking into how much it will cost as a penalty charge to leave it. This might be an attractive proposition if you are moving to a much cheaper deal. Personally, I would contact the business utility hub and discuss your situation with them.

Big Bill2020
    Keymaster

Thank you for the replies. There may be a chance of getting out of this contract but I like the idea of moving to a much cheaper deal to offset the cost of paying the penalty charge.

Paul in Hull
    Keymaster

The lesson to take away from this is that you should, regardless of how busy you are, check what other offers are available and you can even use a small business gas supply comparison website to see what offers are available.

To respond to this thread you will need to login or register.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.