What are cookies?
Some functionality on Business Utility Hub websites may not work when viewed with your browser set to have cookies disabled. In particular, you will not be able to complete product purchases or manage your account
For further information on cookies and how you can control how these are used, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Session cookies are used by us to recognise a user throughout a visit. This enables us to remember information that you have entered, for example, the product you have selected during a purchase which can then be used at each stage of processing your purchase. Session cookies are also used to remember you when you log in for the duration of your visit.
• Business Utility Hub.com: .ASPXAUTH cookie – Used to identify if a user is authenticated (that is, has their identity been verified).
• Business Utility Hub.com: ASP.NET_SessionId –Used to identify a user’s session on the server.
Persistent cookies allow us to retain information and settings about a user for more than one session. These cookies stay on a computer or a device until they expire or a user removes them. They enable us to recognise a user when they return to our site, identify their preferences so as to provide a user with a more personalised service and speed up searches a user conducts when visiting the site. They allow us to tailor marketing and servicing messages to users based on what we know users have or haven’t done in previous sessions. We are able to optimise the website for a user’s return to the site knowing whether they have previously bought something or whether they may need support to complete a service transaction.
• Business Utility Hub.com: Npr_usr: Used to store a user’s encrypted login username or email address, so that a user only has to enter their password to log in to their account. This is only saved when the ‘remember my details’ box is ticked when logging in. It is also used to differentiate content for new and existing customers to our website.
• Business Utility Hub.com: np_eq: Used to store a user’s energy quote details so that without being logged in they can quickly access their previous quote when they return to our website. The information is saved for 30 days from when the quote was provided.
• fujswc: To help track user progress through transactions and identify abandonment
• fujswc_data: To help track user progress through transactions and identify abandonment
Cookies enable us to identify which type of advertising results in sales. This means that we are able to tailor our marketing more effectively. Also, where brokers and affiliates promote Business Utility Hub which then results in a sale, it enables them to identify which of their users has made a purchase on Business Utility Hub.com.
• 360tag.com: t1 (session cookie): This is a cookie test, to see whether a user’s browser accepts cookies
• 360tag.com: tid (permanent cookie): UserID used to uniquely identify a user for the purposes of reporting and bid management
• 360tag.com: sguid (session cookie): Used to identify the user’s session
• 360tag.com: 360lvs: (permanent cookie): Used to identify the users last traffic source
• DFA Floodlight tags: Track user journey and conversion on website from online media
• Criteo Tags: Track user journey on website and retarget them with display advertising
• Dart Natural Search tag: Used to identify the users last traffic source
Website analytics enables us to see how people use our website. This gives us the information to be able to make improvements, to make the site easier to use and based on the areas of the site people find most useful.
Website analytics cookies
• Business Utility Hub.com: WT_FPC: Visitor identification, sessionization
• Business Utility Hub.com: WT_DC: SmartView Transition Page Tracking
• statse.webtrendslive.com: ACOOKIE: Visitor identification, sessionization
We test different versions of parts of the site before we finalise changes to ensure that any improvements make the site easier to use for our customers. Cookies help us to track how a user progresses through sections of the website that we are testing.
Website optimisation cookies
• ots.optimize.webtrends.com: _wt.activeSplit: Identifies which Optimize split test the visitor is in
• ots.optimize.webtrends.com: _wt.mode: Identifies what state the Optimize test/target is in (staging/active/complete).
• ots.optimize.webtrends.com: _wt.user: Optimize test/target information, and Optimize visitor identifier
• ots.optimize.webtrends.com: _wt.control: Optimize test/target information
• ots.optimize.webtrends.com: _wt.conversion: Supports conversion event tracking in Optimize
FAQs, search and Live Chat
We have partners that provide our FAQs, site search and Live Chat functionality. Cookies are used to remember a user during a visit so that we can see which features our users find most useful.
FAQs, search and Live Chat cookies
• customerservices.Business Utility Hub.com: cp_session: Store session specific user data including the following:
• customerservices.Business Utility Hub.com: cp_profile: User profile token so that the server can identify a user
• customerservices.Business Utility Hub.com: cp_login_start: Temporary cookie to check if cookies are enabled
• customerservices.Business Utility Hub.com: oauth_token: Used as an authentication token when users use oauth login
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
• Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Third Party Cookies
• This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
• From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
• As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods: